- Perform a wide range of responsibilities in a medical office environment
- Experience interactive software applications and project simulations from initial consultation to final billing
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, business etiquette, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, coworkers, and management
You may also like these related programs:
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) National Healthcareer Association
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
Prepared for immediate employment in the medical office field including:
- Certified Billing Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Admissions Clerk
- Certified Medical Coder
- Medical Records Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
- Billing or Insurance Clerk
- Health Unit Coordinator
Successful completion of Adult Medical Office Billing & Coding Office Specialist Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- College Credit
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- Earn continuing education credits, certifications, and business credentials to prepare for further education or immediate employment
This 1000 hour program is available during the day or evening. Day classes are Monday-Friday 9am-2pm. Evening classes are M-Th 5:30-9:30pm
Tuition: $6,000 + Books and Supplies (all costs subject to change)
Next Start Date: August 27, 2018 (Enroll early to esure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Administrative Office Specialist program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For more information, call 330-669-7070 or attend a free info session. Reserve your spot online here or by calling 330-669-7070.