- Perform safe and reliable collection and transportation of specimens.
- Prepare for the National Phlebotomy Exam
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, business etiquette, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, coworkers, and management
- Pass the pre-entrance WorkKeys assessment
- Written proof that you have received the Hepatitis-B vaccine series. You must have verification of having at least the first step completed.
- Written proof that you have had a tetanus/diphtheria shot within the last 10 years
- Written proof of a TB skin test (1-step or 2-step) within 6 months of starting clinicals
- Carry liability insurance (provided through the school and included in your tuition)
- Have immunizations completed prior to beginning the program.
- While the cost of the program includes a computer ($300), this amount may be waived if student is able to demonstrate they own an appropriate device.
- Drug tests are not required for the program. However, if a clinical site requires a drug test, physical or other tests, the student will need to pay for and complete those prior to starting clinicals.
You might also like these related programs:
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Prepared for immediate employment with certification in the Phlebotomy field
- Solid founation for continued education in the Health Care field
- Clinical Experience
- Each program participant will need to purchase scrubs (any kind/color) and leather-type shoes (not open-toed).
- Tuition: $1,500 (includes certification fee) Books & Supplies: $400 + $300 laptop fee (waived if student can demonstrate ownership of suitable device)
- Liability insurance $15
- Classes meet: 4-8pm T/Th
- 110 hours
- Call 330-669-7070 for dates and times; classes start on a regular basis
- To register: call 330-669-7070 (Online registration not available because of pre-entrance requirements)
Fall 2018 8/28/18 - 1/22/19
Spring 2019 2/5/19 - 6/20/19
Fall 2019 8/6/19 - 12/17/19