- Design and manufacture the tools and components for a wide range of production needs
- Utilize Advanced computer-controlled technology to create steel, aluminum, and plactic components
- Use critical thinking and math skills to master blueprint interpretation and product fabrication
- Learn skills in these ares: machine tools, safety, basic math, algebra, geometry, precision measuring, blueprint reading, layout principles, micrometer reading (American/Metric), dial calipers, indicators, metallurgy, milling, horizontal/vertical sawing, drill sharpening, boring, reaming, lathe, center drilling, knurling, taper turning, milling/squaring, keyways, speed/feed calculations, coolants, machining theory, pneumatics, CNC fundamentals, basic welding and hands-on class projects.
You may also like these related programs:
- MSSC Certified Production Technician
- Precision Machine Technology
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
Prepared for immediatle employment in the precision machining field including:
- Precision Machinist
- Tool & Die Apprentice
- CNC Machine Operator
Successful completion of Adult Precision Machining Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- In this program you will complete 115-hours of on-the-job training with a participating industrial partner.
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- This 722-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 4-10pm with a few Friday sessions from 6-9pm during each semester.
- Tuition: $5,054 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- Next Start Date: Fall 2019 (Enroll early to ensure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Precision Machining Technology program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, contact Lynette Boggs at email@example.com