- Build and troubleshoot complex manufacturing solutions using advanced welding techniques
- Create and fabricate customized metalwork
- Use critical thinking and math skills to master blueprint interpretation and product fabrication
- Learn skills in the following areas: mulitple typies of welding, cutting and brazing, Plasma cutting, metal fabrication, basic math, algebra, metallurgy, blueprint reading, welding symbols, welding safety, and welding theory.
You may also like these related programs:
- AWS Certifed Welder
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
Prepared for immediate employment in the welding field including:
- Industrial Welder
- Construction Welder
- Maintenance and Repair Welder
Successful completion of Adult Welding Program earns 20 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- You will complee three welding certification tests in accordance with the standards set forth by The American Welding society.
- In this program you will complete 110 hours of on-the-job training with a participating industrail partner
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- This 745-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 4-10pm with a few Friday sessions from 6-9pm during each semester.
- Tuition: $5,215 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- Next Start Date: Fall 2019 (Enroll early to ensure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Welding Technology program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, contact Lynette Boggs at firstname.lastname@example.org