Thank you for choosing Adult & Community Education! This page contains helpful information for our current students. If you are a prospective student, click here for more information.
- Adult Education Cosmetology Handbook
- Adult Education Practical Nursing Handbook
- Law Enforcement Training Academy Handbook
- Medical Assisting Handbook
- Nurse Aide Handbook
- Law Enforcement Training Academy Calendar
Need an energy boost before or after class? Be sure to make a quick stop at the Snack Shack located next to the Commons in the main building. A variety of refreshments are available for your enjoyment and at a very reasonable price! If there are items that you would like to make suggestions to add to the Snack Shack menu, please contact the Adult Education front desk. Remember, a refrigerator and microwave is available in the break room if you want to bring your own meal or snack. See the Snack Shack Menu here.
Professional Development Workshops
Participate in a variety of personal and professional growth opportunities to maximize your image, communication and organizational savvy.
- Adults enjoy a safe, dynamic, and caring environment where they are encouraged to succeed
- Get connected! Network with adults who share similar goals, interests, and talents that can link you to career opportunities
- Be job ready! Dedicated staff provides personalized attention and support to improve study habits, communication skills, and overall employability
Job Seeking Skills
In most of our skill training programs, you will also learn how to network, dress for success, identify and market your skills, prepare an up-to-date resume, cover letter, business card, participate in mock interviews, and more!
Through Externships, students increase confidence and gain valuable, related work experience and references, as well as showcasing the knowledge and skills acquired from their training. Area employers provide unpaid work experience, of educational value, to adults completing an office, medical, or industrial full-time program, while tackling important work projects, trying out potential new employees, and investing in tomorrow’s workforce.
Contact Josi Weaver-Kranz, Externship Coordinator at 330-669-7070, Ext 6013, for more information!
“Job-ready” adult students (those who have completed Job Seeking Skills) and alumni receive and develop job leads. Job Placement focuses on positions in the computer, office, accounting, medical office, medical assisting, and welding or industrial employment fields. The program is quick, easy-to-use, confidential, and has no obligation. Graduates may contact Josi Weaver-Kranz at 330-669-7070, Ext. 6013.
Continued Help To Achieve Successful Employment (CHASE)
- Refresh your job seeking skills
- Refine your interviewing skills
- Keep motivated throughout your job search
- Grow your list of networking contacts
Prerequisite: Job Seeking Skills
Certificate & Career Portfolio
Upon completion of the following programs students qualify for graduation and a Career Portfolio.
- Administrative Office
- Automotive Technology
- Building Maintenance Technology
- Computer & Accounting Office Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Billing & Coding Specialist
- Practical Nursing
- Precision Machining Technology
- Welding Technology
Adult & Community Education completion rate exceeded the state average.
Sign up to get text, email or push notification (with smartphone app) for morning and/or evening school cancellations or postponements. Click here for instructions.
Voter registration forms are available in the Financial Aid Office. Any student not registered to vote is encourage to pick up a form, complete it, and send it to the Secretary of State.
Part-time student information/welcome page
Click here for welcome/information page
Graduate Transcript Request
If you are a graduate of the Wayne County Schools Career Center Adult Education and need your transcript sent to another institution, click here. Please print and complete the form and return it to us along with the $3 transcript request fee.
You may mail the form to us at: WCSCC, 518 West Prospect Street, Smthville OH 44677 or fax it to us at: 330-669-7071.
Additional Policies and Procedures
Additional information such as payment policy, school closings, etc. can be found on our Adult Education Policies and Additional Information Page.