- Work side by side with healthcare professionals to deliver patient care in a variety of clinical settings
- Prepare for the rigorous state boards exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients and coworkers
Entrance Requirements: You must
• be at least 17 years of age
• be a high school graduate and submit an official high school transcript OR
• have passed the General Education Development (GED) test and submit a GED certificate
• submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
• provide the school with a completed application form with a $60 WorkKeys testing fee
• attend a mandatory Practical Nursing Information Session (Click here to register for the info session online)
You might also like these related programs:
- Licensed Practical Nurse--National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- State Tested Nurse Aid
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Prepared to take state board exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Prepared for immediate employment and/or college Registered Nurse program
- Prepared to continue your education: Go from LPN to RN to BSN
Successful completion of Adult Practical Nursing Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- Clinical Experience
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- Successfull completion of the program leads to eligibility for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
- Upon passing the NCLEX licensure exam, graduates will be eligible to pursue accelerated LPN-RN programs including the Stark State College satellite program housed at the Career Center. A RN-BSN bridge program is also available through The University of Akron Wayne College.
- The program requires students to hold a current STNA certification. A combined STNA + LPN program is also offered, allowing students the opportunity to complete both programs at a reduced rate.
- This 1,447-hour program is offered in the day and evening. The 12-month day program meets M-F 8:30-3. The 15-month evening program meets M-Th 3:30-10pm
Next Start Date: (Enroll early to ensure placement! Classes fill up very quickly)
- Day Program- Fall 2020
- Evening Program- Fall 2020
- How to enroll in the Practical Nursing program: first register for a Practical Nursing Info Session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here. The registration process for this program takes several weeks. Start early!
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070
- More detailed information for the Adult Practical Nursing Program can be found here.
- View the Adult Practical Nursing Student Handbook and Day Addendum
- Download the Practical Nursing Application