- Work side by side with healthcare professionals to deliver patient care in a variety of clinical settings
- Prepare for the rigorous state boards exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients and coworkers
- Licensed Practical Nurse--National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- State Tested Nurse Aide
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Clinical Experience
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- Successful completion of the program leads to eligibility for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
- Upon passing the NCLEX licensure exam, graduates will be eligible to pursue accelerated LPN-RN programs. A RN-BSN bridge program is available through The University of Akron Wayne College.
- Must graduate from a board-approved program
- Requirements for licensure by examination as an LPN; http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4723-7-02v1
Entrance Requirements: You must
• be at least 17 years of age
• be a high school graduate and submit an official high school transcript OR
• have passed the General Education Development (GED) test and submit a GED certificate
• submit post-secondary official transcripts, only if related to PN courses taken in the last 5 years. Must have an 80% (B) or better to receive credit for classes.
• provide the school with a completed application form with a $60 WorkKeys testing fee
• attend a mandatory Practical Nursing Information Session (Click here to register for the info session online)
- Prepared to take state board exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Prepared for immediate employment and/or college Registered Nurse program
- Prepared to continue your education: Go from LPN to RN to BSN
How to enroll in the Practical Nursing program: first, register for a Practical Nursing Info Session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here. The registration process for this program takes several weeks. Start early!
Next Start Date:
- Day Program- September 2024
- Evening Program- January 2024
- The program requires students to hold a current STNA certification.
- Students may participate in a combined STNA & LPN program, allowing the students to complete both programs at a reduced rate.
- This 1,447-hour program is offered in the day and evening. The 12-month day program meets M-F 8:30-3. The 15-month evening program meets M-Th 3:30-10pm
- Tuition: $11,214 + Books and Materials (all costs subject to change)
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- Adult Practical Nursing Student Handbook
- Download the Practical Nursing Application
Cost of Attendance
Federal regulations require schools to make Cost of Attendance information publicly available on their website. All categories listed excluding tuition and books, are an estimate only and not the actual charge for the program of study.