A career as a dental assistant offers many opportunities in a fast-growing field. As valuable members of the dental care team, assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care.
- Assist professionals in a clinical environment with chairside assisting, radiography, and laboratory procedures
- Perform a wide range of responsibilities in a dental office environment including scheduling and billing
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, and coworkers
You might also like these related programs:
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Licensed Ohio Dental Radiographer
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Chairside Dental Assistant
- Dental Office Assistant
- Insurance Company
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Lab Assistant
- Dental Radiographer
- Dental Supply Company
Successful completion of Adult Dental Assisting Program earns 20 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- Job Placement
- This 900-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 5-9pm.
- Tuition: $5,625 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070
- Next Start Date: April 20, 2019 (Enroll early to ensure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Dental Assisting program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.