A career as a dental assistant offers many opportunities in a fast-growing field. As valuable members of the dental care team, assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care.
- Assist professionals in a clinical environment with chairside assisting, radiography, and laboratory procedures
- Perform a wide range of responsibilities in a dental office environment including scheduling and billing
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, and coworkers
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Licensed Ohio Dental Radiographer
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
You will also be elligible for opportunities like:
- Job Placement
- Career Portfolio
- Chairside Dental Assistant
- Dental Office Assistant
- Insurance Company
- Dental Receptionist
- Dental Lab Assistant
- Dental Radiographer
- Dental Supply Company
Successful completion of Adult Dental Assisting Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
How to enroll in the Dental Assisting program: first, register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Next Start Date: Winter, 2023
- This 725-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 5-9pm.
- Tuition: $5,625 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- Dental Assisting Student Handbook
Cost of Attendance
Federal regulations require schools to make Cost of Attendance information publicly available on their website. All categories listed excluding tuition and books, are an estimate only and not the actual charge for the program of study.