The WCSCC Law Enforcement Training Academy meets or exceeds the minimum requirements in all areas of training established by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council (OPOTC) to become certified as a peace officer in the state of Ohio.
- Understand the role of the law enforcement professional & have a general knowledge of the law
- Develop human relations skills critical to the role of a law enforecment professional & use a firearm with safety & accuracy
- Control subjects without harm & administer basic first aid
- Patrol & control crowds within the realms of law enforcement
- Successfully pass the WorkKeys and Wonderlic assessment exams
- 21 years or older by one month prior to completion of the program
- High school diploma or certificate of high school equivalency
- Possess a valid Ohio driver’s license
- No conviction of a felony offense or serious misdemeanor
- No conviction of any domestic violence
- No more than one (1) conviction of Operating a Vehicle under the Influence within the last 5 years
- Approved criminal background investigation (BCI/FBI)
- Pass the OPOTC Physical Fitness Assessment Test
- Pass drug screen test
- Pass a medical physical exam
- OPOTA Basic Law Enforcement Test; Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Ohio Peace Officer
Successful completion of Adult Law Enforcement Program earns 20 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- Graduates will be eligible for CT2college credit
- This 730-hour program is about 8 months long and meets M-F 6-10pm and every other Saturday 8am-5pm
- For questions and additional information, contact Public Safety Coordinator Greg Chandler or call 330-669-7070.
- Tuition: $5,782 + $780 Books and Supplies (all costs subject to change)
- Next Start Date: August 2019 (Enroll early to ensure placement! Students must enroll before orientation)
- How to enroll in the Law Enforcement Training Academy program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.