Among the many trade and academic classes available at the Wayne County Schools Career Center, Driver's Ed is the latest addition.
Eligible students- those having obtained their learner's permit and become members of the Career Center's Drug Free Club- may take the course for free. The entire course can be completed during school hours saving time for families.
The Career Center has partnered with Myers Driving School to offer Drivers Education for students. This partnership allows students to complete the 24-hour online coursework and eight hours of driving lessons to earn the 32-Hour Drivers Education Certificate of Completion. Online coursework can be completed during STAR period and/or outside of the school day. Students will be able to schedule behind-the-wheel lessons during the school day once the online coursework is complete.
Requirements of the Program:
- Complete the 24-hour online coursework.
- Complete eight hours of behind-the-wheel lessons. Students will drive two hours per lesson.
- Earn the 32-Hour Drivers Education Certificate of Completion.
- Complete 50 hours of driving with legal parent/guardian (10 hours must be completed at night).
- Pass driving test with the BMV to obtain a driver’s license.
What is the cost for students to take Drivers Education through Wayne County Schools Career Center? The program is free for eligible students that sign up through WCSCC and complete the program.