Our ASPIRE classes help you:
- Refresh reading, writing, math, and language skills.
- Explore careers that interest you with 1-on-1 assistance including FAFSA (financial aid) assistance, admissions guidance, and career interest exploration and testing.
- Prepare for the college and vocational entrance exams like WorkKeys® and High School Equivalency Exam.
Test takers should expect a computer-based test that will require knowledge in areas like algebra, science, and social studies. Interested adults are encouraged to attend Aspire classes and prepare to take the high school equivalency exam.
Call 330-988-1007 for more information or to register for classes.
Aspire offers these completely free programs:
What is ESOL?
ESOL offers one-on-one interview to help non-native speakers feel comfortable, complete registration materials, and to assess a student's reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Goal setting and an individual learning plan is developed for each student.
The skills taught in our ESOL courses include:
- Reading newspapers, e-mails, and letters to help develop literacy skills.
- Listening to conversations to improve understanding.
- Speaking to others in conversation, making appointments, expressing medical needs, and handling emergency situations.
- Writing letters, e-mails, notes, and completing forms.
- Orientation is ongoing. Call 330-988-1007 to register.
- If you are 16, 17 or 18 years of age, refer to the requirements listed for all ABLE students (which includes ESOL students).
FAMILIES LEARNING TOGETHER (FLT)
What is FLT?
FLT is a FREE literacy-based preschool program with convenient, on-site learning centers. While parents are taking ASPIRE classes, children improve their own language skills in a fun way with songs and rhymes just down the hall from mom or dad. The program also includes parent/child together times where they learn skills along side one another.
Enrollment is open to children ages birth-4 years whose parents are enrolled in Aspire and ESOL programs. Space is limited! Adults must call to pre-register themselves and their children. FLT classes are available at the Orrville Aspire location.
Call 330-988-1007 for the next available opening. Ask for Emily in the FLT program.
HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY EXAM PREPARATION
Strenthen English, math, and reading skills with completely free resources including TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) test review videos, practice tests, and study materials found at mometrix.com. While you do not need to attend any classes in order to take the Official Practice Test, students are encouraged to take advantage of free basic skills preparation through our Aspire program.
For a list of Aspire high school equivalency exam test prep locations, click here. For more information call 330-988-1007. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 9am to 3pm. For more information contact:
Ph: 330-669-7070, Ext. 1010
Ohio's GED® Voucher Program
- The State of Ohio is helping offset the cost of the GED® by providing vouchers to those that follow a few easy steps. If you have not already done so, the first step is to log on to www.ged.com, create an account, and agree to participate in the voucher program.
- A scholarship through the H.O.P.E. fund is available to GED test takers who are enrolled in Aspire and meet certain eligibility criteria.
- For information about free basic skills preparation, applying for the high school equivalency exam, or other related questions, call 330-988-1007.
Looking for employ ment? We recommend the following employment resoucres:
More About Aspire:
- High School Equivalency Exam test scholarships are available to enrolled Aspire students through our partnership with the H.O.P.E Fund Pay It Forward Scholarship. Please call the Aspire Office for more details or go to the HOPE Fund website for more information on eligibility.
- Click here to learn more about Financial Aid
- Aspire / ESOL Student Eligibility Requirements
- Wayne County Aspire / ESOL Staff
- Interested in Volunteering? Volunteer Application
- Aspire Wayne County Learning Center locations
- Aspire Wayne County Facebook page
- Enrolled Aspire and ESOL students may also choose Distance Education to study conveniently from any computer 24/7. Aspire and English for Speakers of Other Languages - using MySkillsTutor and Rosetta Stone programs.