Our ASPIRE classes help you:
- Increase basic education skills
- Earn an Ohio High School Equivalence Diploma (GED or HiSET)
- Prepare for certification testing
- Increase employability skills
- Learn English as a second language
- Prepare to enter post-secondary education
- And much more!
Call 330-988-1007 for more information or to register for classes.
Aspire offers these completely free programs:
ACADEMIC READINESS (High School Equivalency)
Prepare for the High School Equivalency Exam and college and vocational entrance exams like WorkKeys. Refresh reading, writing, math, and language skills, explore careers that interest you with 1-on-1 assistance including FAFSA (financial aid) assistance, admissions guidance, and career interest exploration and testing.
For a list of Aspire locations, click here. For more information call 330-988-1007. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 9am to 3pm. For more information contact:
Ph: 330-988-1007 ext. 1014
What is ESOL?
ESOL offers a one-on-one interview to help non-native speakers feel comfortable, complete registration materials, and to assess a student's reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Goal setting and an individual learning plan are developed for each student.
The skills taught in our ESOL courses include:
- Reading newspapers, e-mails, and letters to help develop literacy skills.
- Listening to conversations to improve understanding.
- Speaking to others in conversation, making appointments, expressing medical needs, and handling emergency situations.
- Writing letters, e-mails, notes, and completing forms.
- Orientation is ongoing. Call 330-988-1007 to register.
- If you are 16, 17 or 18 years of age, refer to the requirements listed for all Aspire students (which includes ESOL students).
FAMILIES LEARNING TOGETHER (FLT)
What is FLT?
FLT is a FREE literacy-based preschool program with convenient, on-site learning centers. While parents are taking ASPIRE classes, children improve their own language skills in a fun way with songs and rhymes just down the hall from mom or dad. The program also includes parent/child together times where they learn skills along side one another.
Enrollment is open to children ages birth-5 years whose parents are enrolled in Aspire and ESOL programs. Space is limited! Adults must call to pre-register themselves and their children. FLT classes are available at the Orrville Aspire location.
Call 330-988-1007 for the next available opening.
More About Aspire:
- High School Equivalency Exam test scholarships are available to enrolled Aspire students through our partnership with the Emloyment Resource Fund Pay It Forward Scholarship. Please call the Aspire Office for more details or go to the Employment Resource Fund website for more information on eligibility.
- Click here to learn more about Financial Aid
- Aspire / ESOL Student Eligibility Requirements
- Wayne County Aspire / ESOL Staff
- Interested in Volunteering? Volunteer Application
- Aspire Wayne County Learning Center locations
- Aspire Wayne County Facebook page
- Enrolled Aspire students may also choose Distance Education to study conveniently from any computer 24/7.