This accredited program is designed to help prepare adults for a career as a medical assistant. Hands-on instruction will build a student's confidence and expertise while supporting and correlatng lab and clinical experiences.
- Perform a wide range of medical procedures in various healthcare careers
- Apply advanced processes and diagnostic procedures such as phlebotomy, hematology, and pharmacolgy in a clinical environment
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, busines etiquette, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, coworkers, and management
- Passage of the WorkKeys Entrance Exam
- CPR certification
- Hepatitis B vaccinations (series of 3)
- Updated tetanus and diphtheria vaccinations
- Negative TB skin test
- Externship - Students in Medical Assisting will particiapte in 160 hours of hands-on, clinical experiences through an externship with a local health care provider.
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- College Credit - Adult & community Education partners with other post-secondary education providers to help students reach their goals. College credits may be awarded at Franklin University and/or The University of Akron Wayne College.
- Certifications - Upon successful completion adults are eligible to sit for Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Phelbotomy Technician, and Certified EKG Certification exams
Prepared for advanced certifications or further education
Prepared for immedicate employment in the medical assising field including:
- Doctor offices
- Nursing homes
- Medical facilities
- This 900-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 3:30-8:30pm.
- Tuition: $5,400 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- Next Start Date: Fall 2017 (Enroll early to ensure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Medical Assisting program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070