Our goal is to prepare competent entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive knowledge, psychomotor skills, and affective behavior learning domains. Our program teaches students to:
- Perform a wide range of medical procedures in various healthcare careers
- Apply advanced processes and diagnostic procedures such as phlebotomy, hematology, and pharmacology in a clinical environment
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, business etiquette, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, coworkers, and management
- Externship - Students in Medical Assisting will participate in 160 hours of hands-on, clinical experiences through an externship with a local health care provider.
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- College Credit - Adult & Community Education partners with other post-secondary education providers to help students reach their goals. College credits may be awarded at Franklin University and/or The University of Akron Wayne College.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
- Passage of the WorkKeys Entrance Exam
- CPR certification
- Hepatitis B vaccinations (series of 3)
- Updated tetanus and diphtheria vaccinations
- Negative TB skin test
The WCSCC Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB)
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 113th St N #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Prepared for immediate employment in the medical assisting field including:
- Doctor offices
- Medical facilities
Prepared for advanced certifications or further education
Successful completion of Adult Medical Assisting Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
As reported on the 2020 MAERB annual report 91.67% of students that graduated in 2018 are successfully employed in their field of study.
How to enroll in the Medical Assisting program: first, register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Next Start Date: September 2021
- This 900-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 5:30-9:30pm.
- Tuition: $5,625 + books and supplies: $2,019 (all costs subject to change)
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070
- View the Medical Assisting Student Handbook