- Perform a wide range of medical procedures in various healthcare careers
- Apply advanced processes and diagnostic procedures such as phlebotomy, hematology, and pharmacolgy in a clinical environment
- Practice ethical standards, confidentiality, busines etiquette, and professionalism when interacting with patients, clients, coworkers, and management
- Passage of the WorkKeys Entrance Exam
- CPR certification
- Hepatitis B vaccinations (series of 3)
- Updated tetanus and diphtheria vaccinations
- Negative TB skin test
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- ACT National Career Readiness Credential
Prepared for advanced certifications or further education
Prepared for immedicate employment in the medical assising field including:
- Doctor offices
- Nursing homes
- Medical facilities
Successful completion of Adult Medical Assisting Program earns 30 credits towards Associate of Technical Studies at The University of Akron.
- Externship - Students in Medical Assisting will particiapte in 160 hours of hands-on, clinical experiences through an externship with a local health care provider.
- Certificate of Completion & Career Portfolio
- College Credit - Adult & community Education partners with other post-secondary education providers to help students reach their goals. College credits may be awarded at Franklin University and/or The University of Akron Wayne College.
- This 900-hour program is about 12 months long and meets M-Th 3:30-8:30pm.
- Tuition: $5,400 + books and supplies (all costs subject to change)
- Next Start Date: Fall 2017 (Enroll early to ensure placement!)
- How to enroll in the Medical Assisting program: first register for an info session where you'll receive your application, financial aid information, course schedule, and more. Reserve your spot by calling 330-669-7070 or online here.
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- For questions and additional information, call 330-669-7070
- Survey results from the past five years indicate 97.22% of graduates are satisfied with our program!