•  Fever of 100.0 degrees or above (Your child should be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school without the use of fever reducing medication).
  • Diarrhea or vomiting that can’t be explained by a medical condition or medication being taken (Your child should be free from vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours if due to illness before returning to school). 
  • Know the symptoms of the flu (fever, cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, vomiting and diarrhea).  Someone with the flu will have a combination of these symptoms.  If a fever last for more than 3 days call your child’s doctor
  • If your child has a contagious illness requiring antibiotics generally they can return to school after a 24 hour use of the medication.  Make sure your child is feeling well enough to return.  If you are ever unsure check with your child’s doctor and provide the school with a doctor’s note stating the return to school date or call your child’s school and ask. 


Following these guidelines will help to prevent the spread of illness with in the schools.



Please remember the following when sending in prescription medication to school

  • The medication needs to be in the original container/box in which it was picked up from the pharmacy. 
  • Please have the “Prescription Medication Administration” form filled out and signed by the physician and then the opposite side signed by the parent/guardian.  This form is required by state law and is school policy if you want your child to take prescription medication at school.  If this is not done your child will not be able to take his or her medication at school unless it is administered by the parent or someone the parent has authorized to the school.   
  • Over-the-Counter medication requires an “Over-the-Counter Medication Administration” form to be signed by the parent/guardian in order to take any over-the-counter medication at school.  This medication has to be in an unopened bottle/container upon arrival to school.


These forms can be picked up in the office of each building, found on the school website or your physician can call and we can fax one to the doctor’s office if needed.Please remember that the physician and parent/guardian need to sign the form.